- January 8, 2009 at 10:31 pm #269061
This one-bowl icing is a cinch to make and has old-fashioned root beer flavor that tastes great with chocolate cupcakes, brownies or a layer cake.
Makes 2 cups or 16 (2-tablespoon) servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Root Beer Concentrate
1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/4 cup milk
1. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add Root Beer Concentrate; mix well.
2. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until well blended after each addition and frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
3. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
- January 9, 2009 at 7:04 am #408962
Just curious has anyone tried this one? It sounds so different. Is it a strong root beer taste?
Where do you find the root beer concentrate, I don’t recall seeing that before.
- January 9, 2009 at 1:56 pm #409019
That sounds delicious. I wonder if you could substitute the rb concentrate for a some soda instead?
- January 9, 2009 at 2:46 pm #409027
Very interesting, we love root beer at our house. I would like to know where to find the Root Beer concentrate as well so I can try this. Sounds like it would be yummy on a chocolate cake.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.