Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Old-Fashioned Root Beer Frosting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

This one-bowl icing is a cinch to make and has old-fashioned root beer flavor that tastes great with chocolate cupcakes, brownies or a layer cake.

Makes 2 cups or 16 (2-tablespoon) servings.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

INGREDIENTS
      1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Root Beer Concentrate

1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, sifted

1/4 cup milk

DIRECTIONS
      1. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add Root Beer Concentrate; mix well.

2. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until well blended after each addition and frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl.

3. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.

Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.

Just curious has anyone tried this one? It sounds so different. Is it a strong root beer taste?

Where do you find the root beer concentrate, I don’t recall seeing that before.
      Thanks

That sounds delicious. I wonder if you could substitute the rb concentrate for a some soda instead?

Very interesting, we love root beer at our house. I would like to know where to find the Root Beer concentrate as well so I can try this. Sounds like it would be yummy on a chocolate cake.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Old-Fashioned Root Beer Frosting