- This topic has 4 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated January 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm by .
- May 20, 2009 at 1:36 am #273515
1 Tbsp. Celery Seed
1 Tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns
6 Bay Leaves
1/2 tsp. Whole Cardamom
4 Whole Cloves
1 tsp. Sweet Hungarian Paprika
1/4 tsp. Mace
In a spice grinder or small food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Grind well and store in a small glass jar.
- June 6, 2010 at 7:00 pm #428208
Wow! This is great!!!!!
- November 11, 2012 at 5:26 pm #434716
I am from Maryland and I use Old Bay seasoning of almost everything. I can’t wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.
- December 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm #435306
I grew up in Maryland and love old Bay, cannot wait to compare this to the original.
- December 4, 2012 at 11:48 pm #435351
I love Old Bay seasonings with seafood, especially shrimp, but what other foods or recipes is it tasty in?
- January 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm #447731
I’m from Maryland, and we use Old Bay on French fries, potato chips, chex mix, and even on chicken. Mix the Old Bay with a little worchestershire sauce and some melted butter and brush it on a roasting chicken– delish!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.