Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

i have a ton of oatmeal coming out of my ears so i need some ideas as to what to do with it i get wic and for some reason most of the time i pic the oatmeal so besides oatmeal cookies what else can i do with it??

What about making oatmeal bread?

I will also put mine in the blended and powder it up and use it like flour. Oatmeal pancakes are great (not powdered oatmeal for this). Freeze and thaw really well.

Served with fruit, it to me has a sweet taste.

Now that sounds like a good idea, Oatmeal pancakes. It’s time almost for pancakes soon.

I use oatmeal in HM granola bars or as my kids call them Nola bars -My daycare kids like these better than bought ones
      2 c oatmeal
      2 c Rice krisp cereal
      3/4 c peanut butter
      3/4 c b .sugar
      3/4 c corn syrup
      in microwave bring syrup and b.sugar to a boil 3-4 min. Stir in Pb until smooth. pour over cereal -oat mix – mix well -Press into 9*13 pan -I usually top this with mini chocolate chips befor pressing.

I use a measuring cup to press everything together well -I also usually double this recipe -easy- my 12 yr. old loves to make theses for me. Bobbi -NE

Oatmeal has many uses. Add to meatloaf or meatballs instead of crumbs, make fruit crisps, granola, etc. Also you might want to check out this website: https://quakeroats.com/qfb_recipes/searchresults.cfm
      quaker used to offer an assortment of cookbooklets that gave many uses for oatmeal and other grains.

one of the recipes was for toasted oatmeal, which could also be used many different ways. if you want, i could look for my copy and type up some of the recipes from it.

I have used oatmeal for facials and body scrubs. You can also make oatmeal soap on a rope, which is great for cleaning up your hands after gardening.

How about some yummy oatmeal cookies? I put oatmeal in bananna bread, meatloaf…..and the list goes on. Good luck

You can blend it up and store it in the freezer for homemade Aveeno when someone gets a rash or poison ivy or chicken pox.

You can make meatless burgers from it that taste like they have meat in them. Quaker has a recipe for these on their site.

Replace 1/2 the flour in your pancake recipe with oat flour (blended oats)

No-bake cookies

Homemade granola

I use mine in place of bread crumbs or crackers in things like meatballs, meatloaf etc.

Oh yeah you can also make no bake cookies with oatmeal

1 stick butter
      2 c. sugar
      1/2 c. milk
      3 lg.

tbsp. crunchy peanut butter ( I use creamy, it works either way)
      1/4 c. cocoa
      1 tsp.

vanilla
      2 c. oatmeal

On stovetop, mix and boil for 3 minutes butter, sugar and milk. Remove from heat and add rest of ingredients. Place on waxed paper by the spoonful.

Let cool and ready to eat.

mdowdy,

Oh these treats are the best–I use smooth too, really don’t care for the crunchy in this recipe.

@DohDohBird 90524 wrote:

You can blend it up and store it in the freezer for homemade Aveeno when someone gets a rash or poison ivy or chicken pox.

You can make meatless burgers from it that taste like they have meat in them. Quaker has a recipe for these on their site.

Replace 1/2 the flour in your pancake recipe with oat flour (blended oats)

No-bake cookies

Homemade granola

ohhow do you do this i am always buying the aveeno oatmeal bath for my son since he has exzema and we have to give him oatmeal baths all the time

Just blend it to a fine powder. It takes a couple minutes in my blender. Make sure you mix up the contents of the blender every 30 seconds or so, and you will see when it looks right.

Use about 1/3 cup for a small bath. All Aveeno is, is blended oatmeal. Colloidal simply means super fine blended.

And Aveeno can cost a small fortune after a while.

@DohDohBird 90626 wrote:

Just blend it to a fine powder. It takes a couple minutes in my blender. Make sure you mix up the contents of the blender every 30 seconds or so, and you will see when it looks right.

Use about 1/3 cup for a small bath. All Aveeno is, is blended oatmeal. Colloidal simply means super fine blended.

And Aveeno can cost a small fortune after a while.

thank you so much i have been buying aveeno all the time and it has been getting expensive so this will help out alot since he always has to have oatmeal baths due to the exzema thanks again

You’re welcome, Momof5. It’s been a very useful recipe for me, too. My youngest has sensitive skin and is always in the oatmeal bath. 🙂

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.