- October 13, 2008 at 7:53 pm #264553
Here is another Hershey’s recipe:
Oatmeal Toffee Bars
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) heath bits ‘o brickle toffee bits, divided
3 cups quick-cooking or regular rolled oats
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
Set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits. Stir remaining toffee bits and oats into batter (batter will be stiff). Spread batter into prepared pan; sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup toffee bits over surface.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Cut into bars. About 36 bars.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.