- January 16, 2004 at 10:20 pm #250643
Oat Bran Pancakes, a hot, filling breakfast choice that you and your
family can enjoy together.
Makes: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Bake time: 10 min.
Click here for a printer friendly version of this recipe
1 cup Oat Bran Hot Cereal, uncooked
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 cups Buttermilk
1/4 cup Egg Substitute
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Total Calories 160
Calories from Fat 20
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
Dietary Fiber 4g
1. HEAT nonstick griddle or frying pan over medium to medium high
2. COMBINE oat bran, flour, SPLENDA® Granular, baking powder, baking
soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. BEAT buttermilk and egg substitute together in a small bowl with a
wire whisk. Pour the egg mixture over dry ingredients. Stir together
until ingredients are just blended and no large dry lumps appear.
4. POUR approx. 1/4 cup pancake batter onto hot griddle. Cook
pancakes until puffed, browned and slightly dry around the edges.
Flip over and cook other side until golden brown.
Exchanges Per Serving:
1 carbohydrate, 1 fruit
This recipe, when compared to a full fat, full sugar version, has a
40% reduction in calories, an 80% reduction in fat, a 22% reduction
in carbohydrates and a 65% reduction in sugars!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.