November 30-December 6

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans November 30-December 6

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Sunday – lemon chicken, tomatoes, and French bread…332 calories…$7.04
      Monday – skirt steak and creamed corn…507 calories…$7.52
      Tuesday – salmon (using salmon from two weeks ago) with cucumber salad…263 calories…$1.88
      Wednesday – BBQ ribs (using ribs from last month), tomatoes, and French bread…409 calories…$7.52
      Thursday – vegetable fried rice (using leftovers)…520 calories…$2
      Friday – fried chicken salad…422 calories…$7.80
      Saturday – steak with mushroom gravy, baked potato, and spinach…408 calories…$11.76
      Total for the week — $45.52
      Note: The wild rice and mushroom that I took for the pot-luck Thanksgiving dinner at work went faster than the turkey and stuffing!

LOL! Everyone begged for the recipe and of course, I was glad to share. We decided to have a Christmas brunch on Christmas and because of the overwhelming enjoyment of the dish that I brought, they voted and then asked me to prepare all of the food.

They are going to collect donations for me to buy the ingredients and to prepare the meal. I’m going to make breakfast casseroles as that is easiest — Sausage and Egg Casserole, Western Ham and Egg Casserole, Fiesta Breakfast Casserole, Bacon and Egg Casserole, and Mississippi Breakfast Casserole. That should cover everyone’s tastes;-D A couple of the folks said that the would bring in fruit compote.

I nixed the idea of biscuits as there’s just no way to keep them warm properly and who likes cold biscuits?!!
      chillpill-1

Chelsa51

Except for the creamed corn (cause I just don’t like it) all of the above sounds absolutely delicious. You can come to my home and fix it any day. lol Just as an aside – I LOVE both hot and cold biscuits – with butter and honey – oh yeah, yummy.

Thanks for some great ideas.

mos

Glad you like ’em;-D Now where’s your menu?!! LOL!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans November 30-December 6