Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners No money to feed my kids recipe

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

If you have any oatmeal, Teach your kids to eat it. It is A LOT cheaper than cold cereals. You can also mix oatmeal with a little beef bouillion and water and make into patties and fry them in a little oil or bacon grease for “hamburgers” just put them on a bun and add anything you would normally put on a hamburger. I thought my friend was crazy when she told me about this but she made some for me w/o the beef bouillion and they were still good but I just think they would be better with a little beef flavor if you are substituting it for beef. I don’t know about you but I don’t worry too much about nutrition when it comes to kids being hungry! You can make oatmeal cookies or no bake cookies. You can even add oatmeal to homemade bread.

Beans are also cheap and really good! They are even good for you. I make a big pot of beans at least once a week. I usually put in cajun seasoning. If I have it I sometimes I add canned tonatoes, gr. chilies, oinons and a can of corn and then you have everything you need in one dish Corn bread goes good with this though.. Keep some of the plain pinto beans out to mash up and put into a flour tortilla. Those are easy to make too. I’m ot sure if I remember right but I think it is just flour oil and water. roll it out and fry them just for a few seconds. on ea side. Ledarn to bake your own bread, hamburger buns, and pizza dough and you will save a ton of money. Be sure to get your yeast at either Sam’s or Costco in a 2-3 lb bag. If stored in the freezer it will last almost forever.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners No money to feed my kids recipe