- This topic is empty.
- March 31, 2021 at 8:56 am #597228mos
How to make Tiramisu: Mix creamy filling. Beat the mascarpone, cream, sugar, and vanilla together until stiff peaks form. Place the espresso in a shallow bowl and dip the ladyfingers on both sides (dip, don’t soak!!) Layer the fingers, then mascarpone. Repeat.
4 fresh eggs, separated
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup fresh mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups strong espresso, at room temperature
24 savoiardi biscuits, or ladyfingers
cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the yolks with a whisk or electric hand mixer, gradually adding the sugar and vanilla, until the mixture is thick, fluffy, smooth, and pale.
- Gently fold the mascarpone into the yolks with a spatula and set it aside.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff (but not dry) peaks.
- Gently fold the beaten whites into the mascarpone-yolk mixture, one-half at a time, and set aside.
- Pour the coffee into a wide, shallow bowl or dish and quickly dip several of the savoiardi into the coffee just long enough to moisten them, but not so long that they grow soggy and lose their shape.
- Arrange the biscuits in a single layer on a serving platter or in a baking dish.
- Top the biscuits with a layer of mascarpone cream.
- Then dust evenly with some cocoa powder.
- Repeat the layers until ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of the mascarpone cream dusted with cocoa.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until well-chilled and firm.
- Serve straight from the refrigerator. Serves 6-8
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.