Stuff I’d Like to See General No Ad Version of Budget101.com Available

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi all!

We understand that ads on the site can be frustrating for folks viewing the pages, however, server expenses for a site with over 300,000 pages gets rather high (we’re talking “Mortgage payment on a REALLY nice house” High!) – although we already have levels for active members (those who participate on the site more often see fewer advertisements than those who tend to lurk), we have also added a “supporting member option” where members can receive a Banner ad-free version of budget101 when they login.

Being a Supporting Member will give you:

* A virtually Ad Free viewing experience which includes Removal of All 300×250, 160×600 & 728×90 Banner Ads
      * Private messages Limit increased to 250
      * Increased avatar size
      * Increased file upload size
      * Contests/Drawings specifically for supporting members
      * 2 Entries for every 5 posts in our Bi-Weekly Thank You Gift Program

If you’d prefer not to become a supporting member, that’s great too! Budget101.com has been a free resource for well over a decade and will continue to be available at no cost. These are just extra “perks” of becoming a supporting member.

There are 3 supporting member options, 3 months ($12), 6 months ($22) or 1 year ($36).

Purchase a Supporting Member Subscription Now:

Please note that you do not have to have a Paypal account in order to purchase the supporting member option. Paypal does not require an account to make a payment. Subscriptions are NOT recurring.

Legal Notice: Purchasing a Supporting Member subscription in no way affects the B101 Terms of Service, which remain in full effect. Supporting Member payments are not refundable.

Participant

I like the idea of this Liss, I would be interested in banner-ad free version and would be willing to pay up to $5 a month for it.

Interesting idea. I have seen other sites that have members pay to view. It could be a good option as long as it is not a required option. Would you be able to view all of the site with the banner-free version or only parts of it? Thanks; Virginia

Keymaster

@Virginia 252213 wrote:

Interesting idea. I have seen other sites that have members pay to view. It could be a good option as long as it is not a required option. Would you be able to view all of the site with the banner-free version or only parts of it? Thanks; Virginia

The supporting member option removes all Banner ads which include 300×250, 160×600, 728×90 site-wide. It does not remove google links. It is an “option” not a requirement, Members and guests can continue to view the site for free as it is if they prefer.

While I understand where you are coming from, I am not too happy with being forced to turn off my adblocker in order to view the forums. I would have seriously considered becoming a supporting member but for that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General No Ad Version of Budget101.com Available