- January 4, 2009 at 1:14 am #268693
I got this in an email some time ago. Put vics vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and wear socks to bed. My 13 yr old son recently had a bad cold and I was out of cough medicine so we tried it.
It really works!! He slept great and now we swear by it. It’s alot cheaper than over the counter cough medicine.
Nicole in Ca
- January 4, 2009 at 2:36 am #407988Quote:put vics vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and wear socks to bed
i’ll swear by this one also. they say your feet is the second heart to your body. i can also handle the smell of vicks better this way too.
- January 4, 2009 at 10:55 am #408023
I was sick maybe about a month or so ago. I too received an email about vicks vapor rub. I’m telling you too, it does work!!!
Just make sure to wash your feet with warm soapy water in the morning. That is what my mother told me to do anyway. So I did it.
It would be like going to work with vicks under your nose or eyes. My daughter used this on her husband, and she too swears by it. Have a blessed day all!!!
- January 4, 2009 at 11:48 am #408037
A friend of mine told me about this particular remedy, a couple of years ago. I had never tried it because I figure, what works for one person, may not work for another, and I always opted for the, ” knock you out nasty stuff you have to drink and suffer for before it finally does knock you out stuff”, because it seemed… surer.
But now that I see that this may actually work for me, I am definetly going to try this the next time I have a nasty cough. ALSO: Have any of you ever had the problem of rubbing Vicks on your chest area, going to bed, and waking up feeling like you have gotten phneumonia? This happens to me, another reason I really appreciate this post about putting the Vicks on your feet instead.
Thanks so much for all the posts everyone.
- January 4, 2009 at 3:22 pm #408085Quote:have any of you ever had the problem of rubbing vicks on your chest area, going to bed, and waking up feeling like you have gotten phneumonia?
i have had this happen to me, it is sensitivity to the menthol. putting it on your feet seems to work better for me the cough goes away, i can sleep, and do not seem to get the same effect from the sensitivity.
- October 29, 2010 at 7:23 pm #429146
hello , night cough is major problem among the kids. You must try natural ways to cure this problem. Natural Medicines are best for night cough remedy.
- November 2, 2010 at 6:20 am #429160
Whenever I have cough at night time, I take 1 teaspoon honey. It’s really good for cough.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.