- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated October 8, 2008 at 7:37 pm by .
- October 8, 2008 at 1:06 pm #264186
Start putting in your plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers,
put layers around the plants overlapping as you go cover with mulch and for-
get about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will not
get through wet newspapers.
- October 8, 2008 at 1:13 pm #399740
I like using newspaper also–my DH thought I was crazy when I did this until he figured out what I was doing. I have never used the gardening cloth or plastic. Good tip.
- October 8, 2008 at 1:16 pm #399741
Thanks, I use it to and its great for the environment and recycling!!!
- October 8, 2008 at 4:00 pm #399751
Gonna give this one a try. After I started having those nasty seizures a few months ago, haven’t really been able to get outside. My flower beds look horrible! Can get out there now that it’s cooler and meds have begum to work. Thankfully we already have the mulch just waiting to be put down. Won’t be buying much of anything in the near future, with nothing coming in now!
Hey maybe while I’m out there digging, I’ll find a buried treasure from the previous owners!!!!:119: Thank God for humor or I’d lose my mind!
- October 8, 2008 at 5:32 pm #399779
Lol, I have heard that when you laugh it helps to heal the soul… 🙂
- October 8, 2008 at 7:37 pm #399793
So true Laughter is one the best medicines.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.