Newbie in New Hampshire

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Newbie in New Hampshire

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I am new to this forum and hoping to get ideas to stock my pantry a little better. I live in a totally off the grid cabin in the woods, and although I love the lifestyle it does lend to particular challenges that most people don’t have…like lack of refrigeration and electricity. I want a well stocked pantry that keeps me happy and also helps me to keep my small space clean and tidy.

I have frequent young visitors…a friend’s grandchildren spend a lot of time with me, so need kid friendly foods too. I like the idea of some mixes because I live a very busy lifestyle and don’t have time or space to cook grand meals. In the winter I often have a cast iron dutch oven on my wood stove and use it as a slow cooker.

I have a cooler to keep perishables in but that limits the amount of things like milk, butter etc. that I can keep on hand. I have to bring in my water from an outside source so I am also limited on water usage!

Oh and did I mention the tight budget I live on? I work three days a week so i have to account for every penny! I am looking forward to reading what everyone else has to say and I hope I can make contributions from time to time.

Welcome to Budget101.com. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. If you want some quick tips check out the ‘Begin Here’ tab located on the green navigation bar.

It tells all the difference sections of the site & makes it easier to find things quickly. :5:

Welcome my friend and enjoy your stay here.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Welcome Newbie! Newbie in New Hampshire