Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List new to this group….and searching for answers :o )

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

First you have to figure out where your money is going. Write down everything you spend for a month. It’s likely you’re spending a great deal on convenience items that aren’t very expensive on an individual basis but add up very quickly.

Start eliminating those extras and then evaluate what you really need. Cable tv, cell phone extras (texting, MP3s, etc.), eating out and buying prepared foods at the grocery store are all budget killers. Add in shopping for clothes or stuff for your home that aren’t necessary and your budget is really blown.

Set your priorities, make a budget and stick to it. Don’t forget to include some money for fun stuff. If you feel totally deprived you won’t stick to the budget.

You might also consider the envelope system if you find you have trouble sticking to a budget. It’s basically living on a cash basis, when you’re out of cash you
      stop spending. Google it for all kinds of info.

Lori. .

jessjane80 wrote: I am a young professional who is trying to get out of her post-college
      debt! I make good money now..but just dont understand why I cant seem
      to make ends meet! I am looking for anyone who has been in my shoes,
      has any sort of advice on any type of step to help get my head above
      water.

I have made one first step in looking for a new home closer to
      my job to eliminate
      the driving and the gas that I am putting in my car
      each week. But after that…I really dont know what the next step would
      be. I appreciate anyone that sends me a note!

Have a great day!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] “] Try it now.[/url]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List new to this group….and searching for answers :o )