New to group and I really need wedding help!

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List New to group and I really need wedding help!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Possible Tips for cheap wedding:
      1.Have a triple wedding (this has been suggested by at least one other)

2. Get white prom dresses or white bridesmaid dresses instead of a wedding dress.

3. Have a cookout at a park and have everyone bring something to pass (downside of this is what are you going to do if it rains)

4. Have a family member take the pictures/videos. This works best if you have a family member that loves photography as a hobby and they would have fun doing this.

5. Research prices like crazy! Most places around here charged $25 a head when I got married.

The place I had found had a wonderful buffet at only about $14 a head. It is worth it to research. My DJ was only $500 for the night, did a great job, where most of the other places were $700 and up, with a couple that were $600.

I live in Wisconsin, not PA, so I don’t think giving you contacts from here would do much good.

6. Have they thought about eloping and having a cheap reception when they got back?

7. Make your girls pay for their own weddings…my mom didnt pay for any of mine….I paid for my whole wedding and part of my college myself. Well, husband paid part of wedidng expenses and most of my college was funded by the state, but my point is my parents didn’t pay for any of it.

I think my dad may have paid for the beer at the reception and other than that we paid it all ourselves.

original message —-
      to: budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:52:55 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : New to group and I really need wedding help!

Have you ever talked about a triple wedding? Just a
      thought.

— gourdsbykathy <gourdsbykathy@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I am new to the group and looking forward
      > to learning and
      > sharing information with everyone. I have three
      > daughters, one just
      > got engaged and the others are not far behind her.
      > I am in a state of
      > total panic.
      > One wedding is a fortune but three………. WOW do I need
      > to make a dollar
      > scream for mercy!

Does anyone have any information
      > on cheap wedding
      > options that don’t look cheap!! We have a really
      > large family add a
      > few friends and I am at 150 people minimum.
      >
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Kathy in PA
      >
      >

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing
      places on Yahoo! Travel.
      https://travel.

yahoo.com/

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight’s top picks on Yahoo! TV.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List New to group and I really need wedding help!