New to group and I really need wedding help!

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List New to group and I really need wedding help!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I live in Wisconsin but here is some cheap ways to have “more then one” wedding. I had a double wedding…a set of friends and my husband and I decided to get married on the same day, we split all the money for everything down the middle. We had it at a beautiful park with a bridge and stream, hired a local lawyer who did weddings and his wife helped coordinate it too.

He charged $50.00. And the park was free. For Dresses, I bought mine online and it was a prom dress.

My friend bought hers at a local thrift shop and had a friend alter it for her. Remember used prom dresses are usually only worn once. Or we have a JCPenny outlet mall in Milwaukee and they may have one in your area.

We had 2 of everything….2 bands, double the beer, reception was at our local resort and wasn’t charged anything except for the beer. A
      friend of ours who is crafty…made the flowers, made the cake, altered dresses, her daughter did our hair and makeup. For our car…We have a friend who let us use his car, it was a 1963 convertible all restored…

Our total wedding cost was under $1000.00 . Thats for 2 couples.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List New to group and I really need wedding help!