- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated September 2, 2009 at 12:17 pm by .
- August 31, 2009 at 6:19 pm #275771
Hi there thrifty friends! I just purchased a neti pot kit to help with my sinuses and allergies. It comes with 30 all-natural saline solution packets.
Do any of you have a MYO saline solution recipe for net pots? I could be wrong, but isn’t it just salt water? The packets at the store sell for about $7.99 a box.
Thanks in advance to all who reply!
- August 31, 2009 at 8:36 pm #424688
I just did a google search for “neti pot solution recipe” and found lots of results. There’s even a video or two on YouTube. Hope that helps and please let us know if neti pots work, I am considering getting one for myself.
- August 31, 2009 at 11:20 pm #424689
* Carefully clean and rinse a 1-quart jar. Fill the clean jar with tap water or bottled water. You do not need to boil the water.
* Add one level teaspoon of non-iodized (”pickling”) salt.
do not use table salt. table salt has unwanted additives. you can ask for pickling salt at the grocery store.
* add one level teaspoon of baking soda (pure bicarbonate).
* stir or shake before each use.
store at room temperature. after one week pour out any mixture that is left over and make a new recipe.
this is the same recipe i got from my eent dr. 9 years ago! Easily found online also. It not only stopped my sinus infections but also greatly reduced my getting ever virus coming down the pike!
Viruses that enter through your nose can’t survive in the high saline environment!
- September 1, 2009 at 3:09 am #424691
Oh this is just great, I had not thought of making my own solution. Jamie you’ll find I hope that the neti works really well. I have been using one for about 2 years.
I don’t have to take hardly any thing else for my sinuses now.. Good luck with yours my friend…Thanks so much for the MYO recipe…
- September 1, 2009 at 1:38 pm #424694
Thanks to all who have responded. I knew you would help 🙂 Anyhow, last night was my first time using the neti pot with the solution that came with it. I loved it.
I actually thought I could breathe better last night. Well, I did find an easy recipe to make your own solution on the internet…here’s the link:
Thanks again friends! God Bless!
- September 2, 2009 at 2:17 am #424700
Jamie, thanks for adding this link too.
- September 2, 2009 at 12:17 pm #424704
You bet my friend. It looks easy enough and has storage information.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.