Need help in resolving a problem –Long

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Need help in resolving a problem –Long

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I am a little confused about what you wrote but I think the jest of it was that

her family is

hassling her about her plans for the wedding and reception. I have (& still do

deal with a

difficult family -mine is the in-laws though) dealt with something similar.

First and for most

keep in mind that you want to CELEBRATE your marriage. To me that means having

those

around that want to celebrate with me and have a great time. A girl wanting her

family is

natural just lay down the expectations about what you want for that day. Tell

the family you

are thrilled with the wedding and you hope that they are also, if they are not

than please

don’t come. You don’t want this ruined for you as a couple or your child who

get to see mom

and dad getting married. Maybe mom just wants to feel included and does not. So

include

her in on something. Ask her opion (not that you have to do what she suggest,

after all it is

your wedding).

A girl only has one wedding, BUT a mother has only the weddings of her daughter!

Maybe

she wants something she did not get at her wedding. Try to let mom be part of

it, if you try

and it does not work so be it. Maybe if mom is demanding to know where the

reception is

tell her your ideas and then ask if she had any ideas. Maybe mom is worried

about the

reception place getting booked up. (Being a wedding photographer they do fill up

fast and

you can not wait till the last minute to get a good spot). Good luck and

remeber it is the day

for the bride and groom (but others are involved also).

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Need help in resolving a problem –Long