Need advice Sorry so long hope it makes sense.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Need advice Sorry so long hope it makes sense.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

That is not obvious to me at all. Not very intelligent on some choices, I will grant you. That is called “live and learn” and I bet you made some not-so-great choices in life too (at some point).

Not getting your license updated – that can happen easily. Getting pregnant out of wedlock – very bad choice and yes, irresponsible. Sadly, it happens a lot because people choose to ignore morality, or because they don't know any better.

There are employers out there (Walmart and Cingular Wireless come to mind from my experiences) that are not very nice, and not very smart. They fire perfectly responsible people because of things like pregnancy. Take my experience – Cingular was on a “point system” – you were allowed three absences in 6 months.

Those absences include illness, being late for work for any reason at all, etc. (they did not include planned vacations). Now, I am a responsible, hardworking person who always shows up when I am expected.

I'd sooner die than miss work. But… my tire was flat one morning.

I was 1 hour late to work. Point 1. I got very very sick (to the point that I had to go to er for chest pain) and i came to work but my co-workers talked me into going to the er – point 2.

Then, my mom broke her arm and I had to drive her to the hospital – guess what? Point 3.

I did not get fired because I squawked LOUD from my boss on up the line – all the way to finding our director's office and sitting in front of his desk. I had to show him all my customer compliments, work reviews (all great), scorecards…. I kept my job.

But this employer was such a machine that they had no humanity left. It was “3 points and you're out” – never mind that I showed up for work, worked hard, did a good job, and went above and beyond.

So, Nancy – I hope you never work for an employer like that – but it does happen.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM, NancyR <nancyr@ntin.net> wrote:

She obviously is an irresponsible person & probably was not a good employee.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Need advice Sorry so long hope it makes sense.