- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated April 16, 2007 at 1:41 pm by .
- April 16, 2007 at 1:41 pm #251574Guest
Has anyone ever rented out their house for a week for a special
event? I need some advice on how to do it. There is a big PGA golf
tournament coming up in my town in August, and many people will rent
out their homes for big bucks that week. Last major tourney we had
folks close to the country club who were getting over $5000 for the
week! My house isn’t as fancy as those are but it is clean and decent
and still less than 5 miles from the tournament site, and the decent
hotels in my area are charging $1750 for that week for a simple room.
My house is a big three bedroom with sleeper sofas in the den and
living room, so that would be five separate rooms that would each
sleep 2 people, plus there would still be space for air mattresses if
needed. It is also dog friendly. I have a small hot tub and a nice
grill on the patio for cooking. I would even take my vacation week
off work and provide “extras” like transportation to and from the
golf course or to shopping, etc. and airport transfers with my
minivan, “doggie sit” and do maid service while they were gone each
day and prepare dinner for them ahead of time each night for the
right price. I can stay at my aunt’s house about a block away.
I need advice on:
1. what I should charge, both for basic rental and for the extras?
2. how to protect myself and my property (special insurance?)
3. How do I check references?
4. Do I make them pay all in advance? Can I run their credit card via
paypal or something similar?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.