NEED ADVICE on renting my house as lodging for a special event in t

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List NEED ADVICE on renting my house as lodging for a special event in t

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

You might contact a local real estate agent for information. I’m in one of those towns that hosts a big tournament and there are businesses that specialize in renting your home for events. If you go thru an agency, they have contracts, collect security deposits, references, etc.

Depending on what you/your house offers will determine how much you’ll get.The agent will come view your home and find out what you want to provide, such as maid service, cooking, etc. One couple has a very high class spacious home. It’s rented to a ceo of some company.

he(the ceo) likes to entertain and have people over for parties. the home owners provide maid service and make advance arrangements for caterers, etc. of course this makes the price much higher.

another couple have a nice home about 20 minutes away, and rent their home to 4 people just looking for a nice , clean place to stay and don’t expect maid service or cooking,etc. So
      they charge less. I believe they get $5000 for four days.

The high class home is about 4 times that. But you understand even the “dive” motels get $500 a night here during tournament week. One plus, the folks with the nice home went thru the agency for the first year.

The people enjoyed their stay and contacted them directly the next year to rent their home. So they had renters they knew, and liked, and didn’t have to pay an agency to find someone. But if you’re new to this, I’d definitely use an agency the first year.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List NEED ADVICE on renting my house as lodging for a special event in t