- March 12, 2007 at 11:22 pm #238900BiggerPiggyBankParticipant
>> anti-bacterial society, we are not protecting our kids immune systems and
>> that when they reach adulthood they will be exposed to certain things in
>> the world and then they will get sick and it is much harder for an adult
>> to shake an illness than it is for a child. What do you think about that?
>> << I completely agree. Kids need to get runny noses and little colds. It
doesn’t hurt them to get fresh air and dirt under their fingernails, it all
comes out in the wash (usually).
I truly believe that all of the
anti-bacterial products are allowing super-bug strains to develop.
The most commonly used chemical in over the counter antibacterial products
is triclosan (5-chloro-2- (-2,4 dichlorophenoxy) phenol). This chemicals has
been used for years in bacteria ridden places, most commonly, hospitals.
This is where the spread of bacteria is a major problem. Are bacteria a
major problem in the common household?
Personally, I know that I wash my
counters, my sinks, my floors enough so that I feel comfortable with the 5
second rule. (For those of you without kids.. the 5 second rule is..
drop something on the floor -food- and grab it within 5 seconds you can
still eat it
Since the major “outbreak” of antibacterial soaps, cleaners, detergents,
etc, have we (as a general population) seen a decrease in sickness? No.
As for it being harder for an adult to shake a problem.. I agree. The kids
both had strep, one for 3 days, one for 4.
I’ve had it for 6 so far. Ugh.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.