- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated June 2, 2008 at 2:33 pm by .
- June 2, 2008 at 2:33 pm #257936Liss
Whether in the garden, yard or in the house, all of us have at one
time or another had to deal with pests. Here are some ways to get rid
of insects and other pests without spending a lot on expensive
1. For garden pests, make a mixture of 1 tablespoon liquid
dishwashing soap and 1 cup of cooking oil. Mix about 3 tablespoons of
this concentrate with a quart of water in a pump bottle, and spray it
on the plants.Another recipe for insect control: soak citrus rind
(lemon, orange, grapefruit) in water for a few days. Pour the water
into a pump bottle and spray on plants.
2. Sprinkle cayenne pepper around plants to keep cats away.
3. Cucumber peel on a kitchen shelf will deter ants. You can also try
washing or spraying your cabinets with vinegar and water.4. Basil is a natural insect repellent. Keep a pot in your kitchen.
Take a few leaves along with you on a picnic and put them out on the
table to keep the flies away.
5. Bay leaves in your pantry will keep pests away. A bay leaf in a
container of flour, cornmeal or cereal will keep weevils out.
6. Plant peppermint around your house. It will keep ants out, and it
repels mice also.7. Cinnamon sprinkled around your foundation is said to keep ants out.
8. Weeds are not really pests, but they can be really pesky! Hot
water will kill most unwanted plants.
Just boil some water and pour
it over the plant you want to kill. Some weeds may require more than
one dousing.9. Mint tea bags can be used in your clothing drawers or in your
closet to repel moths.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.