- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated July 23, 2014 at 8:34 pm by .
- February 11, 2013 at 10:22 am #314826
Tahini is an ingredient used in hummas recipes. It can be difficult to find and is often only available in large jars. An inexpensive substitute is peanut butter.
- February 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm #437183
- July 23, 2014 at 12:58 pm #456523
If this is a repeat post, I apologise. My last seems to have disappeared.
I love hummus and have used peanut butter as a substitute for tahini, but it seemed to be missing something. I keep a bottle of dark sesame oil around for seasoning, so I added some, starting with just a few drops, until it tasted right to me. I suggest doing it this way because I find that some sesame oils are stronger than others.
- July 23, 2014 at 8:34 pm #456539
Also, I don’t know if any of you have seen this, but we have a Make Your Own recipe for Tahini here:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.