- August 12, 2015 at 1:07 am #360404
Repurpose a shower curtain and a couple lengths of pvc pipe to make an instant shade for a picnic.
The curtain already has tabs one side,
You can easily add tabs to the other side of the curtain with some fabric and a bit of e6000 Craft glue. Or lay the PVC pipe on the Edge of the curtain (on the side that you want to insert the pole!!) and run a line of E6000 craft glue along the edge, fold the curtain over the pvc pipe to the correct size needed and glue the fabric part into place. Let it dry the required length of time recommended on the tube.
alternatively, you could sew the tabs on using a double or triple stitch on your basic sewing machine. Once it dries it will create a perfect loop to slide the pvc pipe into. 1/2″ PVC is lightweight and bends easily.Then slip the pvc down the sides of the tabs.
To ensure the pvc stays in place you can pound tent stakes into the ground then slip the open ends over the stake.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 14, 2015 at 10:28 pm #461937
Clever idea! What did you use at bottom of pvc poles to attach them to the ground?
- August 16, 2015 at 1:17 pm #461935
- August 18, 2015 at 1:19 am #461975We are wondering how long the PVC pipes need to be on both sides of the shelter. This is a cool idea and we would love to try it out for our camping trip over Labor day weekend camping. I will be checking in to catch your response.
- August 18, 2015 at 2:16 am #461976
How many PVC did you use to make this. I want to make one for my vegetable garden.
- August 18, 2015 at 11:08 am #461983
- August 21, 2015 at 12:47 am #462019Hi did you use two shower curtains sewed together?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.