- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated March 12, 2009 at 1:01 pm by .
- March 12, 2009 at 12:53 pm #271525
here are a few myo lip gloss recipes. enjoy everyone!
Aloe Vera Lip Gloss Recipe
Homemade Recipe for lip gloss made with Aloe Vera that will leave your lips soft and moisturized.
* 1 tsp. Aloe Vera gel
* 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
* 1 tsp. petroleum jelly
Combine the ingredients in a small glass bowl
until well mixed. Heat for about 2 minutes in the microwave. Stir and pour into a small container. Let cool completely before use.
Plain Lip Gloss
* Paraffin wax
* Coconut oil
* Petroleum jelly
* Candy melts (to color the gloss and make it taste sweet)
* Oil-based candy flavoring (if you want a special flavor)
* Wax paper
* Ziploc bag
* Small container (recycle old makeup containers or 35mm film containers, or look in stores that carry beads, crafts, or fishing tackle)
Grate some paraffin wax onto wax paper. Measure 1/4 teaspoon grated wax into the plastic bag. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon petroleum jelly, and 1 candy melt. Add 1/8 teaspoon oil-based candy flavoring if you like.
Seal the bag and carefully put it in a bowl of hot tap water to melt ingredients, about 3-5 minutes. (Use tap water! Never use a microwave or stove to heat the water).
Once all the ingredients are melted, remove the bag from the water. Squish ingredients around in bag to mix; work quickly! Clip off a tiny corner of the bag and squeeze gloss into the clean container. Let it set for an hour, or put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
There you go! Use a cotton swab instead of your finger to apply gloss. Your lip-gloss should last a long time. If it changes color, odor, or texture, though, throw it away.
Girlie Lip gloss
Vegetable shortening, honey, unsweetened drink mix (eg. Kool-Aid), hot water
1. Use a small bowl to mix 1 tbsp of the solid vegetable shortening and 1 tsp of honey. In a separate bowl, mix the drink mix and 1/4 tsp of hot water until it is dissolved. Stir in as much of the drink mix as possible. The actual amount will depend on the temperature of water. The more you can dissolve, the stronger the flavour will be.
2. You can choose the color and flavor of you lip gloss by the type of drink mix you use.
3. Add one drop of the water mixture to the shortening/honey base. Stir well. Repeat until you get the color/flavor combination you want. Pour into a clean container or old lip gloss pot.
4. Store in the refrigerator. Keeps for 3 days, but it tastes so good that you will use it up very fast!
- March 12, 2009 at 12:58 pm #417309
Thanks so much! I have extremely dry lips. Will have to make a bunch cause outside garden work is here.
- March 12, 2009 at 1:01 pm #417308
i love the aloe vera one. it makes me lips so soft. and plus i love coconut. tee hee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.