- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 16, 2008 at 7:47 pm by .
- September 16, 2008 at 7:47 pm #262915
Print the “fortunes” on your computer using a cute font.
Microwave Fortune Coookies
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 Tbs. Cornstarch
3 Tbs. Salad Oil
1 Tbs. Corn Syrup
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 C. Egg Substitute
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 C. Flour
1 Tbs. Water
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Lightly grease a small plate. Drop a tablespoonful of batter onto the center of the plate.
3. Microwave for 1 minute. If the center turns brown, reduce the time.
4. Remove from microwave. Place fortune on the cookie and fold the cookie in
half. Remove cookie from plate and use the edge of your countertop to crease
the center, bringing the corners at the bottom together (form a U-shape with
the straight edge of the folded cookie).
5. Put the cookie on the countertop between two bottles (the Karo syrup and
the salad oil bottle, for example) to hold the points together until it
6. Make another cookie. The first cookie will be cooled when the second is
ready to replace it between the bottles.
7. Put the cooled cookies onto a cookie sheet.
8. When all the cookies are made, put the cookie sheet into the 250 degree
oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cookies turn a light golden color
and they are crisp, not chewy. You will have to let them cool to evaluate
the crispness, but those that don’t sound brittle when you drop them on the
countertop can be returned to the oven for a little more crisping.
9. Store in an airtight jar or can to preserve crispness.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.