- August 7, 2008 at 8:03 pm #248320
To Substitute 1 Tsp of Double Acting Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar plus 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons single-action baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/2 cup (120 ml) buttermilk, sour milk or yogurt to replace 1/2 cup (120 ml) non-acidic liquid
- January 5, 2009 at 9:37 pm #408355KawaiiGiggleParticipant
ya know, i was wondering if i could make my own a few months ago. thanks for this!
- August 9, 2013 at 2:25 pm #441773
thank you! thank you! thank you!
i love baking and making homemade biscuits with baking powder. i have chronic kidney disease and am not suppose to phosphorus (ie: baking powder). this myo recipe solves the problem.
i can make the myo and it doesn’t have the powder so it is a great substitute and i get to bake my cake and eat it too! thanks again for sharing.
- August 30, 2013 at 1:43 pm #443160
I’ll have to try this…I’ve been wondering if baking powder could be home made too…
Thank You for sharing 🙂
- January 28, 2014 at 4:35 am #449362
Wow this is great, thanks a lot I was just wondering if you could make your own baking powder (just ran out)
- February 7, 2014 at 3:58 am #450095
I was in the middle of making my homemade dumplings, and found I did not have enough baking powder to make the recipe. This was perfect! Thanks so much for this recipe!
- February 7, 2014 at 1:46 pm #450183
Never knew! I will remember this!
- March 4, 2014 at 8:15 pm #451990
Thanks for posting. I love to make things myself that way I KNOW what is in it!!
- March 4, 2014 at 10:21 pm #452007
- November 10, 2014 at 11:30 am #459329
why are there unremovable ads on top of every recipe I want to see, with no x button and clicking on the recipe doesn’t remove the ad.
- November 11, 2014 at 1:16 pm #459349
Thanks for this, I printed it out and taped it inside my cupboard door so I’ll have it on hand just in case
- January 19, 2015 at 9:34 pm #460470
I am going to try this today!S far all of the things I have tried works an well!
- February 27, 2015 at 9:30 pm #460853
I just tried this and now know how to test in the future. I just love this site. There is so much to learn!
- March 1, 2017 at 3:26 am #463573
I love this site. I have learned a lot. I have recipes for different items that I did not know you could make.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.