Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

I have been looking for a myo cracker. well I found one. they really aren’t too bad and you can certainly play with the recipe some as well.

1 1/4 cup flour
      1/2 tsp salt
      2 tbsp butter
      4 tbsp water.
      mix all until it forms a ball. roll out really thin. cut.

put on cookie sheet and bake (watch really closely I burned the first batch) for about 10 minutes. it says to do at 400, but I decreased my oven to 350 because I burned the first ones. The kids love them and they are all of pennies per batch.

I will do a for sure amount of money on them after I do the shopping again!

Sounds simple enough!
      Thanks,
      kim

not a problem. I was looking so I thought I would share with you!

Keymaster

@flutterbye0419 82960 wrote:

The kids love them and they are all of pennies per batch. I will do a for sure amount of money on them after I do the shopping again!

One of my favorite snacks as a kid was saltine crackers with grape jelly. Sounds a bit strange now, but they were perfect and easy afterschool snacks.

Here are other cracker recipes:

Honey Graham Crackers

Saltine Crackers

Thanks for recipe. I added a little powdered cheddar cheese (1 Tbsp or so – from our local cheese factory) and they tasted like Cheese Nips! I did have to add 2 more Tbsp water and I rolled some too thick, so they became doggie treats.

I poked each with a fork and sprinkled with salt before baking & turned half-way through baking. I REALLY hate using the rolling pin — has anyone tried using a cookie press?

I haven’t tried a cookie press but bet it would be like a wheat thin if you did, as long as the dough is soft enough to go through.

Well we’ve covered saltines, Graham Crackers and even a note about making cheese nips! Here’s my Wheat thin recipe:
      1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
      1 1/2 cup white flour
      1/3 cup oil, emulsified in blender with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup water

Mix dry ingredients. add oi8l salt mixture. Knead as little as possible.

Makes a smooth dough. Roll dough as thin as possible on unoiled cookie sheet ( no more than 1/8 inch thick. (I use a cooking stone)

Mark with a knife to size of crackers desired, but do not cut through. Prick each cracker a few times with a fork. Sprinkle dough lightly with salt or onion salt as desired.

Bake at 350 degrees until crisp and light brown. About 30 Minutes.

Avatar for flutterbye0419KawaiiGiggle
      Participant

oohh.. i LOVE wheat thins!! can’t get enough of them!

These are very easy to make and very good! Thanks for the reminder! I used to make my own when my first son was teething.

Now my second one is.
      I never thought to make cheese nips or other crackers!

Question: how many dozen does this make (approx will do) ?

Also do you think the dough would be stiff enough to go through a pasta maker? I’m thinking this might be one way to “roll it out”. Or even to go through the pasta maker only enough before it “breaks” ….

then finish rolling with a rolling pin

Thank you so much for sharing this….it is simple enough for a lady of 65 to make!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.