Liss

Chewy Granola Bars

1 1/2 cups Bisquick like mix
      1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
      1 cup brown sugar — packed
      1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
      1 egg
      1/3 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all until well blended.

Press mixture evenly in ungreased rectangular pan 13x9x2″.

Bake 15-17 minutes.; Cut into bars while still warm.

Variations: add 1/3 c. chopped dried fruits & 1/3 c. powered
      milk for a breakfast bar

Ivonna

These are great. Thanks my kid,husband and myself loved them . I also add raisins.

MrsPaws

I’ve cooked something similar, but added Flax seed, powdered milk, and peanut butter. They were quite tasty!!
      I’m gonna have to try this one too… it sounds pretty good.

AngelXpress

Wonderful!! Thank you! It’s hard to find recipes that please both toddlers & teenagers, but this was great.

mmmm, maybe next time I might add dried bananas.

MrsPaws

That sounds tasty too! If you decide to try that, let us know how they turned out. 🙂

Loreena

I been looking for a recipe like this for a while now
      Can’t wait to try these

bethaliz6894

this is almost to easy. if this is all it takes to make these…and they are so expensive in the store. of course, this is the only bars my kids will eat.

i think i will make these tomorrow.

AngelXpress

ok everyone, this recipe has created a war in my house! my daughter & love the original recipe, the teenager wants the crumbled dried banana (tasted great with chopped pecans) and the toddler ate every crumb of the batch i made with dried cranberries. being as they are ahealthy and inexpensive treat, i’m not complaining, so i guess i’ll just rotate the selection.

btw, i goofed on my last batch and only used 1/2 c brwn sugar, and it still came out great.

bethaliz6894

i made these today. they were so easy it scared me. they have been out of the oven for about 30 minutes and half the pan is gone.

🙁 i think this will be on the weekly bake list.

GandKsmom

@AngelXpress 252122 wrote:

ok everyone, this recipe has created a war in my house! my daughter & love the original recipe, the teenager wants the crumbled dried banana (tasted great with chopped pecans) and the toddler ate every crumb of the batch i made with dried cranberries. being as they are ahealthy and inexpensive treat, i’m not complaining, so i guess i’ll just rotate the selection.

btw, i goofed on my last batch and only used 1/2 c brwn sugar, and it still came out great.

Was there any significant difference in the batch where you used only 1/2 c. brown sugar? I am thinking I will try that….

massageabilene

New here. Definitely trying thses tomorrow!

lala72

I will have to make these when I get some more chocolate chips. I have some homemade bisquick I need to use up. My two boys love anything with oatmeal.

dlneely

My husband Loves this recipe. He eats it for breakfast and a snack at work. I add in a handful of dried cranberries and sliced almonds.

lala72

I made these bars this on Monday and they’re almost gone. My boys love them. My husband even likes them.

I’ll try it next time with peanut butter chips. Thank you for the easy and great to make recipe!

hrwebb05

How long will these last in the pantry if I were to wrap them and store them in a container? Has anyone tried this yet?

bethaliz6894

i would love to be able to help you on how long these would las tin the pantry but mine dont last long enough to cool and be wrapped…i have 3 kids. 🙂 they eat them fast. my guess is they would last about as long as a homemade cookie.

Samsmom05

Can’t wait to try. My family loves them,

starr

Wow this will save me so much a month my 3 kids go through granola bars likes water plus these are homemade ♥ im trying these tonight!!!!

Anyone have a good recipe for those fruit filled breakfast bars?

adburge

I am so trying these this weekend as well, boy do I have a lot of cooking to do. Been looking for a simple recipe for Chew Granola bars, all the other recipes have tons of ingredients that I don’t necessarily keep on hand. Everyone in the house takes lunches to work and school so if they like them they should be a keeper.

The recipe loos simple enough that I can also add our own touches to it.

BeckyStreet58

These sound so good, ok what if you wanted to vary the recipe? Like add p-nut butter & or nuts etc, etc how would you alter the recipe or would you have to change the recipe?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc MYO: Chewy Granola Bars