- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated August 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm by .
- August 7, 2008 at 7:50 pm #248318
1.5 ounces beeswax
1,5 ounces shea butter
1 ounce cocoa butter
2 ounces neem seed oil
15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
30 drops lemon scented tea tree essential oil
30 drops citronella essential oil
1. Measure all ingredients except essential oils into a heat proof measuring cup. (I use Pyrex.) Place the cup in a hot water bath until the wax is nearly fully melted.
Remove from heat and stir well.
2. After the wax is fully melted and incorporated into the oils, wait about 5 minutes for the mixture to cool a bit. Then, add the essential oils.
Stir again to enxure the mix.
3. Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or other stick type dispensers. Label and smooth on before going outside amonst the buggers.
Note that the oil/wax mixture may melt in the sun so it”s best to store it in a cooler or other insulated environment — or be careful opening it in the sun.
- August 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm #442892
I’m wondering about neem oil. I have neem oil toothpicks which led me to believe it was safe for me; I bought neem oil bug and fungus insecticide made of pure neem oil which I dilute 1 ou. to 1 gallon water.
The container has danger warnings about it touching it! Any thoughts ou there?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.