- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated January 5, 2006 at 4:10 pm by .
- January 5, 2006 at 4:10 pm #235369Liss
Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Yield: about 120 small barsIngredients:
1 pound (4 oz.) flour, all purpose
1 tblsp. (1/2 oz.) baking powder
1-1/2 tsp (1/4 oz.) salt
8 oz. stick margarine or butter, softened
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
8 oz. milk, low fat
10 oz.oats, quick cooking
1 lb. blueberries, frozen, unsweetened
12 oz. corn/rice cereal squares, coarsely crushed
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Place margarine and sugar in mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
5. Add milk, flour mixture, and oats; beat until blended, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
6.Stir in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
7. Spread evenly in a greased 18 x-26-inch pan.
8. Sprinkle cereal over top.
Bake at 350?F until golden brown and tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut in pan in 2-inch squares or 1-1/2- x-3-inch bars.
Date: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:49 pm
Subject: Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.