Holidays & Special Occasions Wedding Events My wedding date is set – now what?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Help! I’m getting married next August and I don’t have my invitations picked out yet. But since it’s summertime and people plan their vacations early, I’m afraid that there will be scheduling conflicts if I don’t get busy. Should I send out “save the date” cards?

FreebieQueen

@Chapman 106133 wrote:

Help! I’m getting married next August and I don’t have my invitations picked out yet. But since it’s summertime and people plan their vacations early, I’m afraid that there will be scheduling conflicts if I don’t get busy. Should I send out “save the date” cards?

Rather than spending all the money on mailing out save the date notes, you’d be better off getting your invites taken care of. If you’re really worried about it, a few phone calls to some friends should take care of it… they spread the word and it’ll give you enough time to get your invites done.

Congrats on your wedding!

I agree with FreebieQueen. And congrats on your wedding.

Congrats on your wedding! Word of mouth and the phone calls are a great idea.

Congrats! I would send a save-the-date email to anyone on your email list and then do phone calls to the rest.

When we got married we told everyone the date and asked them to set it aside. That way plane tickets could be purchased, plans made, etc.

We sent out the invitations to our reception a month before the big day (we got married in Nov. but had our reception in Jan.). But since ours was a little unique everyone involved received calls about the details as soon as we found out.

Congratulations on your impending nuptuals!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Holidays & Special Occasions Wedding Events My wedding date is set – now what?