My Ultimate Cooking Hack: Shopping at a Restaurant Supply Store

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings My Ultimate Cooking Hack: Shopping at a Restaurant Supply Store

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Melissa Burnell

One of my top cooking hacks is shopping at a restaurant supply store that’s open to the public. It beats Costco in terms of prices and offers incredible deals. For example, I recently bought 50 lbs of flour for around $16, 40 pounds of chicken legs and thighs for $18, and a large box of applewood smoked bacon for just $42. They even have fantastic deals on pork chops, thick and juicy, for around $3 each.

But it’s not just meat and pantry staples. They have a wide range of spices, condiments, tea, coffee, and more at unbeatable prices. Onions, potatoes, and garlic, both raw and diced, are also incredible deals. Repackaging everything and organizing it in my freezer or cupboards takes a bit of time, but the savings are well worth it.

To keep everything neat and bug-proof, I invested in restaurant-style storage containers called cambros. I printed out labels from my computer, making everything easily accessible and enhancing my overall cooking experience. This shopping strategy has saved me a ton of money, especially when they have weekly specials or clearance sales on large roasts and prime steaks.

Even during the pandemic, I’ve managed to make most of my meals from scratch, thanks to this cost-effective approach. It’s made cooking easy, pleasant, and budget-friendly.

Ralf Kortig

That’s an excellent cooking hack! Shopping at a restaurant supply store can indeed provide great deals and savings on bulk ingredients. It’s especially helpful for home cooks who frequently cook in larger quantities or like to meal prep. Buying in bulk can significantly lower the cost per unit and help save money in the long run. It’s also an excellent option for those looking for specific products commonly used in restaurants but are harder to find in regular grocery stores. Thanks for sharing this tip!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings My Ultimate Cooking Hack: Shopping at a Restaurant Supply Store