- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated July 2, 2012 at 1:15 am by .
- July 1, 2012 at 9:00 pm #307285
3/4 cup oat bran
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt (All I had was non fat vanilla yogurt-worked just fine)
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tbsp vegetable oil (I used Canola)
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (All I had was regular sized choc. chips, put them in the food processor for a couple whirls-worked just fine)
1. In a large bowl, combine oat bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, egg, and oil to combine. Pour yogurt mix into oat bran mix and stir until not quite combined, (still lumpy). Fold in chocolate chips until just mixed. Let stand 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Preheat a griddle or large skillet over med low heat. Mist with cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls; cooking until underside is golden. Flip pancakes and cook until browned on other side. Keep pancakes warm in oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
*Top with maple syrup if desired.
- July 2, 2012 at 12:07 am #432156
I’ll bet this would make a great waffle recipe for those with waffle irons;-D
- July 2, 2012 at 1:15 am #432157
:Drogar-Shock(LBG): Holy Smokes! I didn’t think of that.??..!!!…I’ll have to try it and see what happens…Thanks for the idea!!! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.