Mrs Paws Dinner Menu 9/30/12 – 10/6/12

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans Mrs Paws Dinner Menu 9/30/12 – 10/6/12

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Sunday
      Baked pork chops
      l/o rice
      steamed broccoli in cheese sauce
      baked sweet potatoes
      fresh baked sourdough artisan bread 😉

Monday
      veggie and cheese quesdillas
      Spanish rice
      salad
      salsa and chips

Tuesday-crock pot
      Pinto beans
      cornbread
      cheese and squash casserole

Wednesday
      chicken and dumplings
      fried cabbage
      l/o cheesy squash casserole

Thursday-planned overs
      Bean, rice and cheese burritos
      shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes
      hm cheese dip and chips

Friday-planned overs
      Planned over stuffed peppers
      kraut and weinners
      candied sweet potatoes

Saturday
      Grilled marinated ribs
      ranch roasted potatoes
      salad
      grilled texas toast

Desserts and snacks
      carrots
      bananas
      applesauce
      stuffed celery
      turtle brownies
      yogurt
      peanut butter granola
      mandarin oranges
      muffins
      popcorn
      hot buttered artisan bread

Yummy On The cheese and squash casserole:dance1: would you mind Giving the recipe?

Don’t mind at all.
      I posted this in the recipes sections somewhere, but I don’t know how to do the link thing, so here it is. 😉 Hope you guys like it.

Cheese and Squash Casserole

1 lb squash or zucchini-chopped
      1 small onion-chopped
      3 tbsp butter
      2 eggs-beaten
      1 cup milk
      1 cup grated cheese
      1 cup cracker crumbs
      s and p-to taste

1. Combine squash, onion, and butter; cook. Drain and mash.

Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup cheese to sprinkle over top.
      3. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake at 350 until firm.

Sprinkle cheese on top after casserole is done.
      *Can bake for 5 – 10 additional minutes to lightly brown the top of casserole with the cheese.*

Thank you Mrs. Paws for ALL of your menu ideas and recipes!! you’re a lifesaver!

I’m not so sure about the lifesaver part, but I appreciate the kind words. Thank you so much!
      Vampixen’s menus have been looking so good, I’m ready to invite myself to dinner soon.
      eat-1  smilie

Oh! Don’t forget Liss’s $50 weekly menus. They’re fabulous!!

worthy  smilie

Thanks for the recipe So love me some Squash…Never had it with Cheese..just always had it Fried…Gonna try this..If my Old man don’t keep changing my menu on me lol

@Vampixen 248814 wrote:

Thanks for the recipe So love me some Squash…Never had it with Cheese..just always had it Fried…Gonna try this..If my Old man don’t keep changing my menu on me lol

oh yeah, i can -so- relate.

i only know a few ways of cooking squash, but i’ve liked them all so far. i really need to expand my recipes with squash and zucchini. love ’em!

😉
      another way to try, (can either sautee together or bake together), shred some cabbage, and cut up onions, squash or zucchini, and a potato or two. add s and p, whatever spices or herbs you like, and a little butter. if baking, cover with foil and poke holes in it to vent.

then bake until it’s cooked to the degree you want it. i don’t like mine too mushy. i like the texture of the veggies, so i only cook mine about 1/2-3/4 way done.

I always love to see your weekly menus. I wish so much that my dh could eat beans.eat-1  smilie

Thank you so much Lala!!
      If you don’t mind me asking, why can’t your Hubby eat them? Medical or preferences?

He gets stomach troubles when he eats beans. His dad is the same way but he eats softer beans like navy because he can easily digest the skin. I think my dh doesn’t want to try any type because he’s worried he could get sick.

It’s really too bad because I like beans and would like have them instead of meat some nights. And they are so economical.

I understand. Myself, I love beans, but the Hubbs…he doesn’t like them as much as I do. He’ll start complaining when I have them too often.

He used to like them a lot, but over the years, not so much. They cause him a bit of…intestinal discomfort, but they don’t seem to bother me.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans Mrs Paws Dinner Menu 9/30/12 – 10/6/12