This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Suzaiin August 28, 2013 at 5:44 am.

• Author

Hi y’all, next spring(ish) my family is moving to Michigan… Flushing area. Does anyone know what the cost of living is up there?

We are currently in Alabama and it’s insanely expensive to live down here.

@n8vpride 310400 wrote:

Hi y’all, next spring(ish) my family is moving to Michigan… Flushing area. Does anyone know what the cost of living is up there?

We are currently in Alabama and it’s insanely expensive to live down here.

oh my! please please please research the area before you move, michigan is about twice the cost of living of alabama !!! here are the differences between your area in alabama and mi:

• groceries 8%more in MI
    • Housing 4%more in MI
    • Utilities 12%less in MI
    • Transportation 12%more in MI
    • Health Care 17%more in mi

cost of living calculator: compare the cost of living in two cities – cnnmoney

Well crud… we really don’t have a choice, it’s not like we are moving just to move. lol I’d rather go back to WA state, it was cheaper to live there.

Thank you! I will make sure I look into it more and plan well.

@n8vpride 312446 wrote:

Well crud… we really don’t have a choice, it’s not like we are moving just to move. lol I’d rather go back to wa state, it was cheaper to live there.

thank you! i will make sure i look into it more and plan well.

if it’s not really a choice of living there, i’d really recommend heading over to grocerybudget101.com to the $50 menu plan help page- they choose a zipcode to feature about twice a month and list the best places to get groceries for a family of 4 for about $50 a week. Maybe that will help you?

Here’s the page:

GroceryBudget101.com- – $50 Menu Plan Help | Budget Menu Plan

yes i also agree with AngryLioness. Michigan is far expensive than Alabama.

Unauthorized Advertising URL removed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register