Budget101 Discussion List Archives Moving & Relocating Moving- any Ideas Welcome

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss
      Keymaster

Re: Budget101.com : Re: Any ideas welcome

When my kids were younger, I worked the 11-7 shift at a local hospital on Friday and Saturday nights. That way, my husband was home with them while I was at work and also when I was getting my sleep. It wasn’t easy, but I did it for several years because it worked.

I worked doing registration and admissions at the Emergency desk. I know those positions are often open because the schedule is difficult for most people. The pay was decent, I started at almost $13 an hour and they trained me on the job.

There were also fulltime positions available but they involved too many hours and since we have good health insurance thru my husband, I didn’t need f/t.

A nice perk was that when the perfect p/t morning job came about, I already had a foot in the door. I still work for the hospital but at a physical therapy office, doing billing and registration. The hours are so flexible.

I work while the girls are at school.

I just wanted to share what worked for us, good luck in finding something that works for your family.

Donna NJ

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Moving & Relocating Moving- any Ideas Welcome