- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated August 8, 2014 at 5:24 pm by .
- January 18, 2014 at 1:51 am #337100fletch0417
My name is Rebecca and I just gave notice on my salary career – which brings in 60% of our family income – to stay at home with our three boys! I am a little bit of a nervous wreck, but I have faith that with wonderful sites like this one, we can make it just fine.Top three items that I am going to learn to live without –
1. Starbucks skinny caramel macchiatos – I have at least one per working day!
2. Expensive hair cuts and highlights – any great ideas for DIY at home?
3. Mindless spending! I buy whatever I want whenever I want it for the most part.
I hope this will be an interesting journey in converting to a more frugal lifestyle!
We will see how it goes!
- January 18, 2014 at 3:04 am #448570macyquilts
I want to encourage you Rebecca to go for it. I did the same when my children were in elementary school. Everything worked out and I had a great time learning how to DIY and saving money. 🙂
- August 8, 2014 at 5:24 pm #457447Elsenbroek102Rebecca, I recently did the same thing. It was the best thing I could have done! You will find ways to save money especially on this site. We make most meals and I need to concentrate on managing out grocery budget a little more. I think this site has so many good ideas! I’ve made several of the cleaners and some of the food already! Good luck!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.