Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List More Hair tips for Swimmers

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

— In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, “ATM” wrote:

>

> I just bought a saltwater system for my pool and was wondering what

everyone’s thoughts are about it. DOes it truly reduce the need for

expensive chemicals? Does it really keep the water clean and clear?

DO oyu still need to use Algeacide at all?<< I bought one based on the recommendations from several members on list and I LOVE mine. I’ve done the chlorine pool chemical thing, I’ve done the baquacil (non-chlorine and twice as expensive) pool chemical thing. With this pool we bit the bullet, shelled out the $200 for the system and it was a Great investment. The key is to setting it on a timer and making sure it runs the correct number of hours per day. For our 24′ pool, we run it a total of 6 hours (3 hours twice a day). We use it ALOT. and when the temps are Cooler, we run it about 4 hours a day total. For awhile the temps were outrageous, in the triple digits, so the pool temp was up to almost 90!! Anyways, I havent needed to use Anything else except the system, just be sure that you keep your pool filter clean. I rinse ours out twice a week and replace it about every 2 weeks or so. The number of hours you run it per day depends entirely upon the size of the pool, the temp of the water (hotter temps mean algae can grow faster), and how often it’s being used. You dont have to add more salt to it because salt doesnt evaporate. It doesnt ruin your clothing, hair & the kids can see underwater when they play without any aggravation to their eyes. Did I mention I LOVE IT?! Oh, and I dont work for the company that makes’em , lol. Liss

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List More Hair tips for Swimmers