Budget101 Discussion List Archives Laundry~Detergents~More Mom’s Laundry Sauce Question

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      I just made this recipe and am anxious to try it. However, I have a few other DIY cleaning recipes (window cleaner and all-purpose) that calls for a tbsp. or drop of laundry detergent.

Is this safe to use in this recipes?

It depends entirely on what the other ingredients are in the other recipe and what the intended use is for. Your best bet for those type of recipes is to use Free Laundry Detergent samples that are frequently shared in the freebies forum.

@dcoliver 311110 wrote:

Hi,
      I just made this recipe and am anxious to try it. However, I have a few other diy cleaning recipes (window cleaner and all-purpose) that calls for a tbsp. or drop of laundry detergent.

is this safe to use in this recipes?

i was wondering the same thing myself. i am assuming that this soap is wayyy too concentrated. what do others think?

Remember, this is soap, not detergent. It is chemically different and will not perform the way a detergent would. This is why it is low-sudsing, as well.

I was wondering if this would be considered a HE (high efficiency) laundry soap?

Keymaster

@Vanderhoffdon 319112 wrote:

I was wondering if this would be considered a HE (high efficiency) laundry soap?

Yes, just follow the directions in the recipe for using it in your HE frontloader.

I was wondering if it matters when you add the soap to the machine? I normally start filling up the water, and then add the detergent, and then add the clothes. Is it okay to do it that way, or do you need to add the clothes, then the water, then the soap?

@Tanya1210 321330 wrote:

I was wondering if it matters when you add the soap to the machine? I normally start filling up the water, and then add the detergent, and then add the clothes. Is it okay to do it that way, or do you need to add the clothes, then the water, then the soap?

I always drop in the laundry sauce then fill my machine with water first then add my clothes and it works fine for me. I’ve only made 1 batch so far and it’s lasted me MONTHS.

Can I get the recipe for the laundry sauce.. I made one I saw on pinterest.. I don’t think I melted mine all the way.

I would love to give it another go.. I need a liquid recipe as me and my family have very sensitive skin.. Thanks!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Laundry~Detergents~More Mom’s Laundry Sauce Question