- November 16, 2011 at 9:56 pm #300538
salmon is a rare treat in my house partly due to expense and partly due to me being the only one out of 5 people to eat it. It was on sale the other day though so I indulged. I also tried something new with it that came out really good
salmon steaks or fillets
liquid smoke (I used hickory)
- set oven to 400*
- Place aluminum foil in the baking dish and gently brush it with olive oil to keep fish from sticking
- Place the salmon in the tray, make sure they are not touching
- lightly bush salmon with liquid smoke to create a light coating
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, celery salt, sea salt, pepper, garlic, mustard powder and stir well. Be sure to break up clumps of sugar
- spread the seasoning mix on top evenly but not thick
- By the time I do this my oven is done so I pop it in the oven
- Bake at 400* for 10-12 minutes
The result it a fully cooked and moist fish that will break apart with little pressure. The brown sugar will slightly melt and the whole combination of flavors leaves you with a light sweet hickory flavor. The top is a light caramel brown and complements the pink/white flesh of the fish. If cooking a steak remember to pull out the bones before serving to kids. I’d love feedback especially if anyone tries this on other fish. Next fish I’m trying is trout since they have similarities.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.