- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated March 25, 2015 at 11:20 pm by .
- March 25, 2015 at 10:41 pm #354739dbhrkns
3-4 pounds Mini Colored Peppers
1/2 -2/3 cup Oatmeal
16 ounces Italian seasoned tomatoes (I make make my own seasoning)
2 Tbs Meatloaf Seasoning (I make my own)
1 1/2 pounds Ground meat (My preference is a chicken and Caribou blend)Directions:
1. Slice off the stem ends of the mini peppers and shake the seed out. As many as your crock pot will hold.
2. Mix your oatmeal, egg, seasoning, and meat together as if you were making meatloaf.3. Stuff your peppers with your meat mixture and fill your crock pot.
4. Pour in your seasoned tomatoes on top of the peppers. You made need two batches of seasoned tomatoes.
5. Set crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.I like to make this up at night and then it is ready for church potluck. I never have any to take home and I make a 6 qt. crock of them.
- March 25, 2015 at 11:20 pm #461013mos
Do you always prepare these with chicken and caribou? That makes it kinda hard to duplicate and offer an honest review. Not everyone has caribou running through their back yard!
Any adjustments to your recipe that we, without caribou, can duplicate and offer an honest review? Remember, for the competition we must be able to duplicate the recipe and offer an honest review.
Just so ya know…your recipe sounds wonderful…I just don’t have any caribou available to try and make your recipe so me and all of the members here may have a problem preparing the recipe and provide a proper resonse.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.