- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 2, 2008 at 10:52 pm by .
- November 2, 2008 at 10:52 pm #265815
Try the signature autumn flavor of pumpkin in a fun new way with these bite-size tarts. They’re easy to make, even easier to eat, and make a great treat for any fall party. No baking required!
3 packages (15 tarts each) prebaked frozen mini pastry shells (we used Athens Mini Fillo Shells)
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
2 cups (plus extra for garnish) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 teaspoon (plus extra for garnish) pumpkin pie spice
1 (3.4-ounce) package cheesecake-flavor instant pudding and pie filling
Mint leaves (for garnish)
1. Remove the shells from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin, whipped topping, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Add the pudding mix and whisk until smooth and thick.
3. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each of the shells (you can also pipe the filling with a pastry bag or a plastic sandwich bag with one corner snipped off), then top the tarts with whipped topping, a sprinkling of the pumpkin pie spice, and a mint leaf, if you like. Makes 45 tarts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.