- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 31, 2008 at 6:14 pm by .
- December 31, 2008 at 6:14 pm #268433rtebalt
Mini Heart Cakes with Strawberries & Creme
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups (1 pt.) fresh strawberries, divided
Additional granulated sugar
1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup hershey’s kissables chocolate candy in red, pink and white colors
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond sides of pan.Lightly grease foil.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl on high speed of electric mixer until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar, beating on medium speed, until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes).Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
4. Place milk and butter in microwave-safe cup. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until butter is melted.
Stir into batter, stirring just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Remove from pan; invert onto cutting board. Remove foil. Cut into 8 hearts, using 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters.
6. Chop strawberries to make 1/2 cup; set aside. Slice remaining strawberries into medium bowl; sweeten to taste with additional sugar.Set aside. Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in small mixing bowl; beat until stiff. Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into chopped strawberries.
7. Assemble desserts by spreading the tops of 4 cake hearts with strawberry cream. Top each with another cake heart.
Frost tops and sides with remaining sweetened whipped cream. Decorate cake tops with candies and serve with sweetened strawberry slices. 4 cakes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.