1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
      1/4 cup salsa
      2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
      2 tablespoons diced onion
      2 tablespoons diced ripe avocado
      1/8 teaspoon salt
      1/8 teaspoon pepper
      1/2 pound lean ground beef

In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place in an 8-in.

square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
      Bake at 350 F. for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 F.

NOTES : Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 meat loaf) equals 429 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.

This looks really yummy! Do you think it could be made without avocado?

I am making this on tonight! Well with ground turkey THanks so much

we love meatloaf, can’t wait to try this new spin!!!

Not a big avocado fans, I think we will be leaving that part out but the rest sounds super yummy. All my burger recipes are made with venison. I can not wait till Oct 5.

I ran out of venison 3 weeks ago.

Participant

The avocado appears to be a flavoring ingredient and not a ‘binding’ one so it should be okay without. If you have worries, just increase the tortilla chips to 3/4 cup. I do recommend that you try it first without the avocado and if it is not the desired texture, increase the tortilla chips as I recommended.
      As a side note, this would probably be excellent with whatever ground meat that you choose to use…just be cautious using pork alone as it is just so fatty.

If you want to use ground pork, you may want to blend it with another meat source. My personal preference when making meatloaf is an equal blend of beef, chicken (or turkey if on sale), and pork.
      Hope this helps…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Mexican Meat Loaves