Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

This is SOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!!! It has been an all time favorite of my husbands for years and years when we first were married and now all three of our children(who are kinda picky eaters) LOVE it as well!!! Not only does it taste yummy, it makes a pretty presentation too.

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
      1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
      1 tbsp. chili powder
      1/4 tsp. garlic powder
      1 tsp. salt
      1 tsp. black pepper
      1/4 tsp. red pepper
      1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, chopped
      10-12 corn tortillas
      2 c. sm. curd cottage cheese, drained
      1 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
      1 egg
      1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
      2 c. shredded lettuce
      1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
      3 green onions, chopped
      1/4 c. sliced black olives

Brown ground beef; drain thoroughly. Add cumin, chili powder, red pepper, salt, pepper and tomatoes; heat through. Cover bottom and sides of a 13″x9″x2″ baking dish with tortillas. Pour beef mixture over tortillas; place a layer of tortillas over meat mixture and set aside. Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and egg; pour over tortillas. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle rows of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and olives diagonally across center of casserole. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

This sounds great. I love a kick to my food!
      Thanks

Sounds great! Can’t wait to try it.

This sounds really good. I’ll have to try this one soon!

this sounds good, but my hubby hates cottage cheese! what can i use instead???

I’m not really sure, I’ve only made it with cottage cheese, sorry I was of no help! lol

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.