- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 21, 2003 at 3:08 am by .
- August 21, 2003 at 3:08 am #249996
Just three steps to a scrumptious Mexican dinner!
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 package (3 1/2 ounces) chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
1 small green pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced
1 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (about half 20-ounce bag)
6 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In covered nonstick 10-inch skillet with
oven-safe handle (or with handle wrapped in double thickness of foil, for baking
in oven later), cook chorizo, pepper, and onion over medium heat, covered, 10
minutes or until pepper and onion are soft and lightly browned, stirring
Stir in potatoes and cook 1 minute or just until heated through.
Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and 1/4 cup water until blended.
3. Pour egg mixture into skillet over potato mixture; do not stir. Place skillet
in oven; bake 5 to 6 minutes or until frittata is set.
Cut into wedges to serve.
Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 341 mg
Sodium: 730 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 18 g
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.