Menu planning help christmas eve

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I have about 15 people coming to my house on Christmas Eve. It will be around lunch time so we really don’t need anything really heavy. I want to do something simple but nice.

I thought about the things like finger sandwiches etc but thought that might be too simple. Any ideas that won’t cost a fortune?

If you have a fondue set this is always a fun and easy way to have food.
      Simple is a great way to go. Less stress for everyone. Appetizer’s, meat/cheese and crackers work good.

We usually, the what ever holiday eve, have tortilla chips, chili and cheese dip.

Nope no fondue set, wonder how much one is? The appetizers and stuff sound good though. Thanks

How about asking everyone to bring a dish. I also like to do appetizer parties. It saves you from doing the whole meal thing and guest can pick and choose.

Jaime

thanks Jamie. I may do that. I think I am liking the appetizer type thing.

Here are some finger foods you can do up cheap:

mini quiche made in muffin tins
      cheese ball and crackers
      puff pastry shells filled with spinach-artichoke dip
      mini pies made in muffin tins
      cupcakes
      finger sandwiches
      lil smokies or meatballs in the crockpot

Michelle,
      Meatballs in the crockpot is a really good idea to go with the finger/appetizers. I also like to make mini cabbage rolls. But with the meatballs they really are alot quicker and feed more.

:038:

Roll some thinly sliced meats with some thinly sliced cheese in large flour tortilla’s and slice them, you will create a nice appetizer that looks like it took you while. meatballs, carrots, celery, pepperoni slices, cheese and cracker plate, add some dip with that too :)…hope that helps some 🙂 Let me know how it turns out 🙂

thanks guys i appreciate all your help

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.