• Author
      Participant

Mayonnaise
      1 large egg
      1 tbs fresh lemon juice
      1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
      1/2 tsp kosher salt
      3/4 – 1 cup vegetable oil
      Place the egg, lemon juice, mustard, and salt in the bowl of a small (3-4 cup) food processor and process until smooth.
      Remove the food pusher from the feed tube and, with the motor running, very slowly start adding the oil. To start with, you want no more than a very thin stream. As the mayonnaise begins to emulsify, you can add it a bit more quickly. When you’ve added about 2/3 of a cup, the mayonnaise should be getting thick and glossy. For a medium thick texture, use 3/4 of a cup. A whole cup will result in a very thick mayonnaise. Stop the food processor as soon as the mayonnaise is the desired thickness (over-processing can cause the mayonnaise to separate. ) Taste and adjust the seasoning. Makes just over a cup and will keep for about two weeks in the frig.
      approved1 smilie

two cents two cents two cents

I always wanted to make my own Mayonnaise. This is fantastic!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Participant

giggle…you are quite welcome! Just remember that it is a small amount (well, compared to what your family uses, it could be a lot!) Enjoy my friend! If it helps, for using up the recipe, my DF’s favorite use of homemade mayo was to place a dollop (like a tsp) on top of a salad…a simple salad of lettuce and tomato satisfied him! So use your imagination and have fun with your family;-D

Sounds easy enough Thanks so Much Mos

Participant

You are welcome! I don’t use a lot of mayonnaise, so making small amounts like this when I have a need is perfect. Hope it works for you and yours!

Yep same here Mostly use mayo for tomato sandwiches..and BLT’s also banana sandwiches with peanut butter and Mayo..That is all ..so only need small amounts..

Participant

Vampixen…you and I are on the same page;-D

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.