- This topic is empty.
- September 12, 2020 at 6:37 am #588086
Mayonnaise Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Mayonnaise Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water
For the Frosting
6 tablespoons butter (softened)
3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy)
Optional: 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Optional: milk or cream (if necessary)
Make the Chocolate Cake:
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk the sugar and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Then, whisk in the vanilla and water.
- Add dry ingredients to the mayonnaise mixture; whisk until well blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the center with a finger.
- Cool and then remove from the pan.
Make the Peanut Butter Frosting:
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat 6 tablespoons of softened butter with 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, if using.
With the mixer on low speed, beat in the confectioners’ sugar. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy.
If the frosting is too thick, add milk or cream in small amounts.
Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar or frost with the peanut butter frosting, if desired. Serves 12
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.